Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anniversary tomorrow!

Not of our wedding, but tomorrow marks our 5 year anniversary of when we got engaged. I can't believe how fast time has gone! It really does only seem like yesterday that we were talking about getting married. But I have loved our marriage, even with all its ups and downs. Its such a good feeling to know someone so well, and to be sharing your life with someone. I wouldn't trade Nate for anything.
Its been kind of crazy being back at home. Its actually kind of nice to be able to chat with my dad during the day. I don't see much of our cats anymore though! They are too freaked out over Scout (a blue and gold macaw) so a lot of times they are hiding under the bed. They also don't like the stairs I have come to learn, neither of them quite know what to make of them, its kind of funny in some ways. They are doing better then I expected so that's a good thing.
It has brought back a lot of memories being here though. Its made me miss some key people in my life, one being my mom. The other is my Grandma. So many of my memories of both of those people are swirling around in this house, in some ways its kind of sad, but in others its kind of nice. Its all most like their presence still kind of lingers here.
Nate's still looking for a job. He's had a couple of interviews, but they just weren't a good fit for us. Our biggest goal right now is to get Nate somewhere that offers tuition reimbursement, and the time to go back to school. Hopefully something turns up before to long.
Well, that seems to be about it for now. Sometimes I wonder why I started this blog because I don't really have much to say LOL. But that's okay, I guess its better for our friends and family who don't see us often to hear something. Its better then nothing so they say!
Well, tell next time then! :D

No comments: