Friday, June 8, 2012

Landon is 5 Months!

Apparently I just posting monthly now, haha! Landon turned 5 months on the 4th. I cannot believe we are already so close to half a year! Time has just flown by since we had him. I love that everyday is full of cuddles and smiles and coos. Life is good.
Landon is getting more and more mobile. He rolls all ways now, and has started to roll for things out of his grasp. When he sees something he really wants he tries so hard to get to it, but has since started scooting backwards. He cannot figure out why he gets further and further away from what he is trying to reach!
He chews on his fingers like mad. He tries to stick his whole fist in his mouth at times and I have to say he pretty much can. He drools like a maniac so I am sure teeth are not too far away, but no sign of them yet. It will be so weird to look at him and see teeth when he smiles!
He does this cute thing with his hands...I can't even explain it, I need to catch it on video, but he opens and closes them when they are grasped together. I really need to get it on video. He totally has his mommy's sense of humor! He was laughing so hard tonight in the car because I was say Hi to him. It is the BEST sound in the world...I tell you!
He is really getting more interested in toys, especially ones that make noises. He loves to play with anything that is crinkly. He is getting really good at passing things back and forth between his hands. He is making a lot more noise lately too. He had like 3 days where he just chattered all day long. Then he is quiet again, I think he is listening. And then it will start again!
He loves the cats, especially Angel. He starts flailing his arms and legs around trying to get to her when she is nearby. It is so cute. He loves to be outdoors. A couple of days ago there was a breeze blowing and he was really interested in what was making the leaves rustle. It was really cute.
He still loves people to interact with him, though I see him getting a bit more cautious about people now. He will smile at them though if they work for it. And most people do! He prefers his mommy to put him to sleep. And this is new. He used to be totally fine with Daddy putting him to sleep, but at the beginning of the week he just started screaming and screaming until Daddy finally gave in and handed him to mommy. It made Nate really sad. But I know it is just a phase. When he gets older I know it will be I want Daddy all the time!
Other then that life has been pretty mundane lately. Looking forward to some things this summer. Here are a few pictures of my little monkey! :)





No comments: